Advertiser Disclosure

All you need to know about commercial auto insurance

All you need to know about commercial auto insurance

If you are a person running a business, then you will need commercial auto insurance to cover the cars, vans and trucks that are used in helping you conduct your business. Both businesses that involve large fleets, as well as small scale businesses, should be properly covered by commercial auto insurance.

Commercial auto insurance provides liability coverage for all the amounts, situations and usage that is not covered by your personal car insurance. It is very important that you know and understand the difference between personal and commercial auto insurance in order for your business to be a success. Commercial auto insurance offers insurance coverage to a variety of vehicles, right from automobiles used in business ventures, to a wide variety of commercial trucks. Larger commercial vehicles include food trucks, box trucks, work vans and service utility trucks. All of these large commercial vehicles also need insurance coverage for the employees operating the vehicle and also for the equipment that is housed inside these trucks.

Similar to your personal auto insurance, commercial auto insurance also provides coverages like collision, comprehensive, liability, medical payments and uninsured motorist coverage. But then the difference between your personal insurance and a commercial insurance may include eligibility, coverages, definitions, exclusions, and limits. Let’s take a look at some of the coverages that come under commercial auto insurance:

  • Bodily injury liability coverage: This coverage, when you get into an accident which is your fault pays for bodily injury or death and it also provides you with legal defense.
  • Property damage liability coverage: This is the coverage that provides you with protection when you damage another person’s property.
  • Combined Single Limit (CSL): A combined single limit policy has the same dollar amount of coverage whether it is for bodily injury or property damage.
  • Collision Coverage: This covers and pays for damage to your vehicle when you hit or are hit by others.
  • Uninsured Motorist Coverage: This pays for injury caused when you are hit by an uninsured motorist or a hit-and-run driver.
share this :

Stay in touch

Subscribe to our newsletter to receive latest updates in the world of finance!